Since MS Outlook offers a variety of features that are perfect for dedicated uses, many MBOX users request to import MBOX into Outlook. Thus, in order to import the MBOX file to Outlook, the user has to convert MBOX to PST file format.
How to Import MBOX to PST – Step by Step Guide:
Are you also one of them who is finding the solution to import MBOX to Outlook? If yes, then you’re in the right place. This blog will guide you through all the possible ways to import MBOX into Outlook.
Before we dive into the ways to import the MBOX files to Outlook, let’s walk through the reasons to import MBOX files into Outlook.
Reason for importing MBOX to Outlook:
- Since MBOX consists of a simple text mail or message, it is not acceptable to be used directly by Outlook. Therefore, to import MBOX into Outlook, it is necessary to convert the MBOX file to the corresponding file for the Outlook email client.
- Moreover, most of the users are getting more attracted due to the better features of Outlook. PST files are portable with ease and keep data safe in the local drive for further reference. It considers one of the reasons to import MBOX to Outlook.
- MBOX files only contain email messages and attachments, whereas MS Outlook includes multiple programs such as contacts, calendars, tasks, etc.
- MS Outlook allows users to open and read all incoming/outgoing notes, even in offline mode.
Transferring MBOX email to Outlook is a complicated process if you want to do so without knowing all the necessary steps to import MBOX to PST.
The non-availability of the immediate option exits only two ways with the user:
- The manual methods using native utilities:
- Or, convert MBOX to PST with an automated MBOX to PST converter:
Both methods have their edges, but experts recommend using the professional technique because a professional tool prevents all kinds of data loss. Here I’ve mentioned the step-by-step process of both methods, go through the blog and choose the one that suits you best, but we always recommend a professional MBOX to PST converter tool.
Manual approaches to get import MBOX files to Outlook:
Note: Carefully Back up MBOX files before using manual methods.
Import MBOX files into Outlook using Mozilla Thunderbird
This manual way involves using Mozilla Thunderbird as an intermediary. The reason we chose Thunderbird is thorough because of its friendly import/export functionality. There are five steps of this way to import MBOX to PST.
Step1: Import MBOX to Thunderbird
- Firstly, install Mozilla Thunderbird on your system
- Configure an email account with this.
- Search and install the Import Export Tools add-on and once restart Thunderbird.
- Now, make a right-click on the local folder and choose Import Export Tools NG (If the menu is hidden, press the alt key).
- Select Import MBOX file by choosing Import one or more MBOX files directly.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the desired MBOX files to import MBOX to PST and click on the Open button.
Step2: IMAP Enable
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- From the setting icon, select Setting from the list shown.
- Now, choose the options; Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Make sure IMAP is on or not. If not, then enable IMAP.
Step3: Enable Less Secure App
- Firstly, go to the Google Account.
- Then, click on Security to select Less secure app access.
- Now. Enable a Less secure app.
Step4: Configure Thunderbird
- Run Thunderbird and move to the Tools.
- Select the Options menu, then click on Account Settings.
- Choose Account Actions, as well as select Add Mail Account.
- Here provide Name, Email, Password, then select Remember password and open Thunderbird account.
- Click on the Continue button and select the IMAP (remote folders)
- Then, click on the Done button.
- Choose a Gmail account and make a New Folder with the name in Gmail.
- Click on Create Folder button.
- Go to the local drive folder where your MBOX files are stored.
- Select All emails, then make a right-click on them.
- Now, select the Copy to option, select the Gmail account and select a newly created folder.
Step5: Import MBOX file to Outlook via Gmail
- Open your Outlook.
- Select Add more account from the File menu.
- Here Enter User Name, Email, Password, Retype the password.
- Click on the Next button.
- After the account verification, click on the Finish button.
- Eventually, click on the Close button to end the process.
- Finally, you can check your Emails.
Import MBOX into Outlook using Apple Mail
There are four parts to this way. Here we need to import Apple Mail MBOX files to Outlook.
To import MBOX files to PST in this way, you must have Apple Mail, Eudora, Outlook Express, Outlook installed on your system, which you have used to import MBOX files into Outlook.
Step1: Export Mailbox items to MBOX File Using Apple Mail
- Install and open Apple Mail.
- Click to the file from the menu and select Import Mailbox.
- Select the MBOX file using a tab on the Import dialog box and click the Continue button.
- Select a path to import MBOX file to Outlook.
Step2: Moving Apple Mail file to Eudora
- Make sure the MBOX file is with the extension (MBX file). If not, do rename it.
- Now, transfer the file to locations: C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora.
- After that, run Eudora and double-click on the MBOX file to open it.
- Then, close Eudora running.
Step3: Moving Eudora to Outlook Express
- Here need to start Outlook Express.
- Then, go to File >> Import>>Messages.
- Select Eudora from the list shown, click the Next button.
- Browse and set the Eudora location to save the files.
- Now, click the OK >> Next >> Next >> Finish.
Step4: Exporting Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- Run MS Outlook on your system.
- Go to the File menu and choose Open & Export.
- Next, select the Import/Export
- Choose here Import Internet Mail and Addresses.
- Hit the Next button to select the Outlook Express
- Now, make sure to check the Import Mail
- Click Next and then the Finish
These were the steps to import MBOX file into Outlook manually. But did you know that these methods are valuable if you are technically proficient with them to import MBOX into Outlook? Also, there will be some drawbacks and restrictions associated with manual solutions to import MBOX to PST.
Why not prefer manual methods?
- Using manual methods, the user must have both Thunderbird and Outlook installed to import MBOX file to Outlook.
- These are time-consuming processes that require processing to import MBOX file into Outlook in multiple phases.
- Manual processes are complex, unsafe, and rough.
- User supervision is required (one error can cause the whole process to fail).
- Strongly presents data loss and item missing issues.
- There are no options like searching specific items, filtering items, previewing data status before importing, and others.
- Novices and non-tech users cannot use manual methods to import MBOX into Outlook.
Now a piece of good news for you, there is an easy and effective technique to import the MBOX data files to Outlook. The only professional MBOX to PST converter would be that you would need for MBOX conversion, as above mentioned that PST is the only format supported by Outlook.
Import MBOX files into Outlook using Automated Software:
Therefore, this write-up comes with an automated solution to import MBOX files to Outlook, which is famed as the best MBOX to PST converter. Weeom MBOX to PST converter enables an instant way for its users to import MBOX to Outlook with few clicks.
Being a professional tool, it offers a range of respected features, which has the ability to import MBOX to PST and other popular file formats like EML, MSG, etc.
A simple GUI of this solution makes it easy for everyone to import MBOX file into Outlook. Even novice or non-technical users can use it without any complexity. This tool allows single or multiple MBOX files to convert MBOX to Outlook.
- A free evaluation: Weeom MBOX to PST Converter allows a free demo evaluation version in which anyone can evaluate all of its respected features before investing. A demo version is a restricted version of the full version, which permits the first 50 items per folder to import MBOX into Outlook.
- 24*7 support available: Support is available 24×7 at Weeom. You are always welcome to chat with our support team if you have any issues.
Here are the process steps of this tool:
Step1: Add MBOX files to the software:
- Download, Install and open the software.
- Go to the ribbon bar and click on Add action button.
- There are two options to Add an MBOX file. Select either Add folder option or Add MBOX file option, then click Add mailbox file/folder.
(Here, we are using Add Folder option.)
- Once you add MBOX files, they will appear in the folder list.
Step2: Export added MBOX files to Outlook PST:
- Now go to the ribbon bar again and click on the Outlook PST option from the ‘Export MBOX Items‘ menu.
- Here, check all the sub-folders you want to export into Outlook.
- From the ‘Export type’ dropdown list, Select Export in PST type.
- Select the export target folder to export MBOX files in Outlook PST file format.
- Provide a PST name and store name or proceed with a default name.
- If needed, select the ‘Split’ check box and enter the PST file size (100 MB to 51200 MB or 1 GB to 50 GB) accordingly.
- You can check the “Create Unicode” check box
- You can apply item filter criteria to include or exclude items based on Subject, From, To.
- After following the necessary steps, click on the Export button.
- Generate a target folder hierarchy for the MBOX file folder.
Start the process:
- After making all the required levels click the OK button, and the export will get started.
- Wait for the process to complete successfully (if necessary, you can stop the process).
- After getting a message ‘process has been completed successfully. You can save the log report on disk in an HTML file format.
- Now, hit the Close button to end the export process.
- After exporting and saving the report successfully, click on the cancel button.
These are the easy steps of this tool to import MBOX files into Outlook in a hassle-free manner.
Other helpful features of this MBOX to PST converter:
- No limit to the size and number of MBOX files to import the MBOX to Outlook.
- Along with PST, convert MBOX to EML and MSG format.
- 100% assurance of maintaining hierarchy folder and data integrity.
- Support over 20 email clients for MBOX files.
- Preview all emails before processing.
- Perform specified conversion based on To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, From, and Date.
- Export MBOX to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server mailboxes.
- Support all the versions of MS Outlook and window OS, including Windows 10 to import MBOX to PST.
From the above discussion, it is clear that manual methods are lengthy, tedious, and risky hence cannot be preferred to import MBOX files to Outlook. These are free of cost but not justified for data security.
To import MBOX into Outlook flawlessly, Weeom MBOX to PST Converter Tool is an efficient solution with its simple GUI and secure way to get the task done faster.
- How To Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook all versions?
- How to convert DBX data files to PST – What’s the best way?
- How to Import MSG files into Outlook?
- How to Import EML Files into Outlook – The Complete Solution
- How to Import MSG files into Outlook? - February 28, 2022
- How To Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook all versions? - February 23, 2022
- How to convert DBX data files to PST – What’s the best way? - February 19, 2022